Derrick Henry has made clear that winning a Super Bowl remains the central goal of his time with the Baltimore Ravens. In comments during a recent appearance on The Lounge podcast, the running back focused on the difference between watching the NFL’s biggest game and taking part in it.
Henry’s message was about the opportunity still before Baltimore. The Super Bowl is the experience he wants, and his comments presented that ambition as a major source of motivation.
“It would be crazy for me to say I played with Lamar Jackson, and we didn’t win no championships,” Henry said. “I cannot have that. I do not want that to be a thing. We’ve got to do it.”
Henry added that he is tired of watching the Super Bowl every year.
“I want to win a Super Bowl. That’s a big motivation,” Henry said. “I just want to be able to feel that feeling. I’m tired of watching. Every year, I’m tired of being at home on the couch watching. I want to be a part of it. That’s what’s motivating me right now. I’m going to keep going until we get to that point.”
Henry has rushed for 1,090 yards and seven touchdowns in nine career postseason games. He made it to one AFC Championship game, but the Super Bowl has eluded him.
Lamar Jackson Connection
Henry also addressed the importance of sharing that pursuit with Jackson. He does not want his time playing with Jackson to be remembered without a championship and stressed that the team needs to get the job done.
“We have the 2026 season to get that accomplished,” he said.
Henry’s comments come after the Ravens missed the playoffs last year. Jackson endured an injury-riddled season, but is now back to full health. The Ravens parted ways with coach John Harbaugh and hired Jesse Minter. Baltimore’s defense was also revamped in the offseason.
Given all that, Henry said that he “believes that we have all the pieces to get it done.”
The post Derrick Henry’s Super Bowl Push: ‘I Want to Feel What It’s Like’ appeared first on The SportsRush.
from The SportsRush https://ift.tt/Et8XsYB

0 Comments